6 AMAZING BENEFITS OF COFFEEadmin
When it comes to the ultimate sensory pleasures, nothing beats the combined effects of the mesmerising taste, the mind-numbing aroma of the freshly roasted and grinded coffee beans, and the hard-hitting caffeine jolt, which makes coffee the perfect expression of seduction.
Many millions of coffee lovers, start their day with a sip of their favourite beverage. No wonder, over 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed each day. Coffee seduces like no other beverage, a reason the history’s greatest womaniser, Giacomo Casanova, preferred coffee to alcohol.
Despite of having one the deepest rooted histories, it has somehow got a bad name from the stupid self-proclaimed health experts of the world. In almost all the cases I meet, I find that our beliefs are somehow limited by our culture and the region. But the world doesn’t work within the confined pillars of your thoughts. Facts have to be backed up by research and studies, or they are simply myths and hypothesis.
For e.g. living in Southern part of India, if you were ever advised to stop having coffee because of some cheesy health effect, you think it may cause, you yourself may not be able to have another sip, after that conversation. Similarly, condemning tea for no damn reason, will just turn you into a laughing stock, in the majority of Northern, Eastern and Western part of the country.
Here are six of the many benefits, supported by research, and unknown to most people. These facts will help you enjoy your daily shot, absolutely guilt free:
- Coffee is one of the most powerful source of natural antioxidants like chlorogenic acid, quinides etc. in the world. Having black coffee will give you a massive boost of these powerful life enhancers.
- Acc. to precisionnutrition.com, caffeine is a part of substances called Methylxanthines. These alkaloids are well-known for their ability to increase cognitive abilities, improve energy, enhance well-being, and increase arousal and alertness.
- Various studies have proven the benefits of caffeine and coffee in enhancing performance in sports, be it endurance based sports, or power or strength based.
- A great news for diabetics, a 2002 study published in the journal Lancet, found that people who drank 2 cups of coffee a day are half as likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.
- Also, the heart patients would love this fact: In a Meta-analysis of over 140,000 persons from five large scale studies by the American Heart Association found that 3-4 cups of coffee daily were associated with a reduction heart disease risk as compared to the people who do not consume coffee.
- Another relatively unknown benefit of coffee is its link to enhanced liver function.A study published in the Journal Gastroenterology in December 2005 by Ruhl and Everhart A total of 1,989 persons were followed for an average period of 19 years and it was seen that participants who drank more than 2 cups of coffee or tea per day had less than half the rate of chronic liver disease as against those who drank less than 1 cup per day.