TRUTH ABOUT MUSCLE CRAMPS
Muscle cramps are not only irritating but extremely painful and can occur at any time. They are called as the involuntary muscle contraction. Involuntary means something which is not under your control. Muscle cramps are multifactorial. When our bodily systems are stressed, either by a neuromuscular disease or by a physiologic stress such as dehydration or excessive exercise, cramps become more frequent.
In addition to neurologic conditions, multiple medical conditions such as hypomagnesemia, hypocalcaemia, hypothyroidism, and renal or liver dysfunction may be the cause of cramps. Cramps are also frequent during the last trimester of pregnancy and in athletes.In this book, we will discuss in detail about Exercise Induced Muscle Cramps (EAMC) & Nocturnal Cramps, their reasons and possible solutions. Read on to know more…
Page Count: 53
- LET’S UNDERSTAND THE BASICS
- EXERCISE ASSOCIATED MUSCLE CRAMPS (EAMC)
- DOES HOT WEATHER LEAD TO EAMC?
- DOES DEHYDRATION CAUSE EAMC?
- DOES ELECTROLYTE DEPLETION LEAD TO EAMC?
- OTHER MISC. REASONS FOR EAMC?
- NOCTURNAL CRAMPS
- DOES MAGNESIUM REDUCES CRAMPS?
- POSSIBLE TREATMENT OPTION